We need to provide frequent and reliable services to get choice riders. This includes both the riders within our area as well as the riders who just commute through our cities to go to other counties. If we worked with other agencies to provide a seamless and affordable transit option for commuters I think we could capture some of those choice riders. And once people try the Transbay Service they tend to stay with it as shown by the increase of riders after the BART strike. I also think we need to partner with housing complexes to offer transit to their homeowners and keep the cars in the garage.
- What differentiates you from your opponent?
- What can AC Transit do to move them towards a zero-emission fleet to help California meet its clean air target?
- How could AC Transit better coordinate services with other transit agencies to provide a better service to the community?
- What improvements should be made to increase ridership?
- What things should AC Transit put in place to address the needs of the community?